Coconut & banana pancakes
I have no idea why many of us only make pancakes once a year! They are actually really easy to do and there are so many variations. this one came about when I had some coconut milk left in the fridge …
Coconut & banana pancakes – Ingredients
- 1 medium banana
- 300ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 200-225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil for frying
Coconut & banana pancakes – Method
- Mash up the banana in a large bowl or jug.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the coconut oil and blitz with a hand blender until combined. Add 200g flour first and check the consistency – you need quite a thick batter. If it’s too runny add the rest of the flour.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for about a hour (if you can wait that long).
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and the coconut oil. When melted, add around 2–3 large spoonfuls of the pancake batter to the hot pan to make a few pancake rounds. Cook for 2-3 mins until the bottom of the pancakes has set. Flip over and cook on the other side. Keep them warm while you cook the rest of the batter.
- We had ours with mixed berries, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkling of desiccated coconut. But you can serve with whatever takes your fancy.
Leave a Reply